At the MediaLab
I’ve just seen so much creativity and talent today at the open house #MediaLabIO. Amazing. So much cool stuff.
But probably the coolest are the ideas of Joi Ito to transform the MediaLab with an amazing set of principles:
- Resilience instead of strength,
- pull instead of push,
- portfolios instead of planning,
- systems instead of objects,
- compasses instead of maps,
- practice instead of theory,
- encourage rebellion instead of compliance,
- smart crowds instead of experts,
- constant learning instead of education.
We would sign up that manifesto in a nanosecond.
Among all of the creations, see the fun makey makey. My kids will love it.